How to Manage Mosquitoes this Summer in Middle Tennessee
As the temperatures are rising, you may be noticing a rise in something else this time of year too…the mosquito population!
If you have been encountering those pesky, itchy mosquito bites you would probably love to know how you can reduce the mosquitoes near your home by 80-90%! We can manage those summer time irritations with PMMP – P.E.S.T., Inc. Mosquito Management Program.
Here is what a few mosquito-free clients have to say:
“Huge shout out to P.E.S.T., Inc. ….Home was sprayed for mosquitoes this week and it’s the first time in three years that I’ve been able to sit outside without getting bit…..Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!” – Ms FixIt (Natalie Burdette)
“I tried it and whatever they did allowed us to spend the entire summer outside and I don’t even remember getting more than 2-3 bites ALL SUMMER! It works..it works..it works!” Kathy of Springfield, TN
As always there are steps you can take to reduce the propensity of mosquitoes and other pests in your area. See if any of these suggestions can help!
• Throw out old tires.
• Throw out tin cans, buckets, drums, bottles, or any water holding containers.
• Fill in or drain any low places (puddles, ruts) in yard.
• Keep drains, ditches, and culverts clean of weeds and trash, so water will drain properly.
• Cover trash containers to keep out rainwater, and drill holes in bottom of trash containers so any water can drain out.
• Repair leaky pipes and outdoor faucets.
• Empty plastic wading pools at least once a week or store in a position that water will drain.
• Make sure your backyard pool is maintained properly.
• Fill in tree rot holes and hollow stumps that hold water with sand or concrete.
• Change water in bird baths and plant pots or drip trays at least once a week.
• Keep grass cut short and shrubbery well trimmed around the house, so adult mosquitoes will not hide there.
• Keep gutters clean and free of debris and leaves.
Finally, remember that we never require a contract! You won’t be charged for a missed monthly treatments, but skipping a service will decrease the positive results of P.E.S.T., Inc. Mosquito Management Program.
To schedule a service, ask a question, or for more information call P.E.S.T., Inc. today at 615.382.9774